Fridays Feast #160

Do you have a Mega-Tearjerker movie? You know, a movie that you can watch again and again and still be sobbing into your hankie at the end of it? Mine is Steel Magnolias. Sally Field's performance is amazing, and now that I have children of my own the tears flow twice as quickly.

I've just finished watching it ten minutes ago, and I'm still not under control. Thank goodness I have Fridays Feast to take my mind off the thought of having to bury your only daughter. As Sally Field says in the movie, "Shelby would have wanted us to move on". And with that, we now bring you some lightheared entertainment...

Appetizer: When was the last time you visited a hospital?
January 2004, when my newborn twins had to return to the hospital for jaundice. They were put under ultraviolet light to lower their bilirubin levels; CleanBoy stayed 1 extra day and 3Po stayed 2. I don't really want to think about that, actually, it's starting to bring back the Steel Magnolia tears....


Soup: On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how ambitious are you?
Depends on what. My ambition for fame? 1. For fortune? 7. For my children's success? 10.

Salad: Make a sentence using the letters of a body part. (Example: (mouth) My other ukelele tings healthily.)
Eye: Everybody, yell Ewwwwww!!

Main Course: If you were to start a club, what would the subject matter be, and what would you name it?
A blogging club, called Bongga Blogers :)

Dessert: What color is the carpet/flooring in your home?
We have hardwood everywhere except the kids' room, which is carpeted in a subtle blue/yellow/beige pinstripe pattern.

for more feasts, click here.

11 comments:

Melody said...

Great feast, great salad!
It's Friday, so it's a good reason to yell...happily. :P

Anonymous said...

Great feast here! My little boy had a jaundice too. But as hospital policy here in Japan that every Mom's and baby have to stay for 7 days. Glad we were there when we knew he had a jaundice..

Happy FF!

Anonymous said...

Great feast!! Love your salad!! Have a great Friday!

maiylah said...

I watched Steel Magnolias a few days ago, too. I cried buckets ... :(
nice main course! :)
happy friday

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Great feast. Nice idea for your main course.
Thanks for the visit.

Kathleen said...

Love your Salad and Main Course. Mine's here.

Gill said...

I like your soup, it makes sense to me - I'm not hugely ambitious for myself personally, but want my kids to be successful.

Enjoyed your feast, have a good weekend!

Lori said...

Awesome feast...loved the salad:) Happy FF.

Anonymous said...

What a great feast! Love the picture of your little ones! Have a great weekend!

Nita said...

Great feast! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Matthew had to stay in the hosp. until he was 6 days old because he had aspiration pneumonia. It was scary and upsetting, so I relate to your emotions!

Thanks for stopping by . . .make sure you add your icon to my new blogroll next time you visit. :-)