Halloween Costumewatch 2012: Red Riding Hood's Granny


Last Halloween I received a set of werewolf gloves and headpiece to review, and although we all loved the costume, none of us ended up wearing it for Halloween.  This year I decided to use it so I wouldn't have to buy or sew anything.  At first I thought of wearing it with jeans and a red plaid shirt -- the classic werewolf getup -- but it was just too Meh.  Besides, I like to dress up as female characters.  I don't know where the inspiration came to dress up as the wolf from Little Red Riding Hood, but I'm glad it came, because I can already tell that this is going to be one of my best Halloween costumes ever.





You would not believe how many friends I had to ask to find one with a long-sleeved granny nightgown I could borrow!  I must have really cool friends who either sleep in Frederick's of Hollywood lingerie or in their birthday suits.  I happen to already own a Mrs.Claus bonnet, so I removed the red poinsettia and cut two slits on either side to fit the wolf ears through.


I'll switch out my regular glasses for my old wire-rimmed ones (if I can find them), and there you have it:  Bonggamom dressed up as a wolf dressed up as Red Riding Hood's grandma.  Now all I have to figure out is, should I carry around a plastic axe or a rubber hand?


Pin It

No comments: