Getting to Know You, Christmas edition

I received this Christmas meme from my friend Monica, and I thought I'd post it to get everyone into the holiday spirit:


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love gift bags, but my budget dictates that I use wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or artificial? Fake. They're cheaper, they don't shed needles, and there's less danger that the house will burn down.

3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever the decorations go up -- anywhere from the 1st to the 15th of December.

4. When do you take the tree down? After 3 Kings Day (Jan. 6).

5. Do you like eggnog? Yuck.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Anything my godmother gave me.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, we have several.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't remember.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Charlie Brown Christmas.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I shop for presents year-round.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes -- I consider it earth-friendly. Why keep something I don't want or need?

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peppermint bark.

16. Lights on the tree? Of course.

17. Favorite Christmas song? "Do you see what I see" and "What Child is this". Either can move me to tears.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Since "travel" involves a flight to either the Philippines or England, it depends on scheduling and finances.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes -- I used to be able to recite "Twas the Night Before Christmas" from memory. My memory is not what it used to be, but I can't ever forget the "On Dasher, On Dancer..." part.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We don't have a tree topper -- I can't decide which one to get.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? All the traffic and crowds at shopping malls.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love lots and lots of greenery and twinkling white lights.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? My grandmother's cook's fettucine and turkey. She makes it every year for the Christmas midnight feast, and it's amazing.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A healthcare plan that will cover the cost of Alfie's drugs.


Want to join in the fun? Consider yourself tagged! If you do the meme, let me know via a comment on this blog, and I'll head on over to your blog and leave a comment. Ho, Ho, Ho!

1 comment:

Photo Cache said...

I have not seen a meme I did not like so I may do this soon. Happy holidays bongga mom.