Change Happens, whether you notice it or not

When you see your children from day to day, it's difficult to realize how quickly they change. Here's a photo from our last family portrait session, done four years ago:



We had some family portraits taken just a couple of weeks ago with photographer Erin Leigh (I'll be doing a review of her amazing work soon on Bonggamom Finds). Here's one of the photos from the session:

photo courtesy of Erin Leigh Photography


Same backdrop, same positions (L-R: 3Po, me, Pea, Alfie, Jammy), same grownups. Aside from our hairstyles, Alfie and I look pretty much the same. I've even got the same necklace on, and Alfie is wearing the same shirt. (Neither was done deliberately, and I swear, we do have other nice clothing and accessories).

But who are those little strangers in the first photo? It's amazing how much the kids have changed in four years -- from babies to children.

I'm scared to think of how much they're going to change between now and our next portrait session.

3 comments:

Asianmommy said...

Love the recent photo--so happy & relaxed.

Peppermint said...

very nice! beautiful family! =) don't forget to send us the pics!

Lavender Lemonade said...

I love both pictures. Lovely family. Was the front door left open the second time deliberatly? Looks more welcoming and "lived in". :)

I love "time lapse" photos. Maybe one of these days I'll get it together and start that tradition.