Wordless Wednesday: Arrrrr!

3Po and Jammy have been set on their Power Rangers Halloween costumes for months, so I was taken by surprise when they decided they wanted to dress up as pirates for last weekend's Halloween party. But I quickly rallied.

I simply opened up my "old clothes" bin and took out a couple of shirts and trousers that the boys had outgrown. I cut up the ends of the pantlegs and shirtsleeves into zigzags, and pieced together the cut-up sleeves to make headrags. Then I threaded some beads onto elastic bands and looped that over their ears to make dangling earrings. I got creative with Jammy's shirt by slitting the front, poking some holes on either side of the slit, and threading through some black string to make a lace-up front. Slip on an eyepatch, wrap a black scarf around their waists, and Avast! A wondaArrrrrrrful homemade pirate costume!


Visit the Wordless Wednesday site for more entries. And don't forget to leave your links below so I can visit your entries as well!

8 comments:

smarthamsterpets said...

nice ideas..thanks for sharing this techniques and It added my techniques this Halloween on what to use...

Carolyn G said...

Wow those are great costumes!! If they came to my door, I would give them extra candy!! Happy Halloween

Jingle said...

Those are great! They look fantastic!

Unknown said...

First let me say...I so miss that age :) And second I left the wrong link in the linky section! im so sorry... duh! the link should be the last thing I posted...

sigh. crazy day

Ayie said...

beware of the pirates!

happy WW!

Run DMT said...

Homemade costumes are the BEST! You did a great job, Mom! WTG!

Happy WW and Happy Halloween!

Sukhmandir Kaur said...

They look like they are having loads of fun, and really getting into the role. Those blue crocs would be worth walking the gang plank for.

Mariana said...

Wow! You are GOOD! Those are some great looking pirates! I always have some kind of backup idea for Halloween, because my 5yo is the exact same way. Changing her mind all the time. ;)