Bootcamp, Day 2 - File me under Weakling?

Today's main workout was a fitness evaluation. We all had to record the results of the following tests.

A) In 10 minutes, complete as many of the following sets as you can:
5 pushups
10 situps
15 squats

B) Run as many times around the 400-meter track as you can in 6 minutes.

C) In 10 minutes, complete as many of the following sets as you can:
5 tricep dips
10 leg raises (lie down, straighten legs, lift them up & down)
15 gluteal lifts (lie down, bend knees, squeeze your ass up & down)

My results?
A) 8 sets
B) approx. 2.75 laps (approx. 1100 meters or 0.68 miles)
C) 11 sets

I haven't been doing any of the exercises in A or C regularly, so I'm not sure if my results mean I'm fit or not. I certainly thought I should have done better with the run (even though my pace was about 6.8 mph, better than my usual 6, it was only a 6-minute run). I'm sure I would have done better if my every part of my body (and parts I didn't know I had) weren't aching to high hell. But that's beside the point. We'll be repeating this test at the end of the 20-class session, so I'm hoping those numbers all go up.

No comments: