The Best Quiche Ever

I'm usually a throw-it-together-and-see-what-happens kind of cook, so the dishes I make rarely taste exactly the same. But once in a while I happen to throw together a real keeper, and I know I need to write down what I did. This quiche, pronounced The Best Quiche Ever by my kids, is one such dish. Alas, my family inhaled the quiche too quickly for me to get a chance to take a picture of it, but the next time it comes up on the menu, I'll have my camera ready.

The Best Quiche Ever

1 frozen deep dish piecrust (9"), thawed
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup milk (2%)
1 1/2 cup Egg Beaters or egg whites or liquid egg substitute
1 package (12 oz.) turkey bacon, cooked
2 tbsp cream cheese

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
  2. Prick the piecrust with a fork on the bottom and sides.
  3. Spread the cream cheese on the bottom of the piecrust.
  4. Spread the cooked turkey bacon on top of the cream cheese.
  5. Mix the eggs, milk and cheese, and pour over the bacon.
  6. Bake at 425 degrees F for 35 minutes (you will need to cover the piecrust edges so they don't burn).

No comments: