For this Love Thursday before Mother's Day, what better love to showcase than my mother's? Here is a photo of my mother with her three daughters. (Somehow 3Po made it into the picture but he's always welcome of course). I love how happy she looks -- she is always happiest when surrounded by her family.
I've just finished a Seven Random things about Me meme. My mind is still in list-mode, so I thought it would be fun to do one about my mother. Here are 7 Random Things About My Mother:
1) My mother is very slim even after 5 children (since she is a true lady I will not reveal her weight). I was her biggest baby at 6lbs., and her smallest baby, my eldest sister, was only 5lbs. I'm still her biggest baby at 5'8" and my eldest sister is still the smallest at 5'2" (My sister and I are not as ladylike as my mother but for fear of embarrassment, I will also not reveal our weights).
2) She only wears trousers or jeans when she travels out of the Philippines. Otherwise she wears a dress or skirt.
3) I have never ever ever seen her cross her legs at the knees. Either she crosses her legs at the ankles or sits with ankles and knees together.
4) She is one-quarter Spanish. I think she must have passed the gene for green eyes down through me and that's how The Pea has green eyes even though mine are brown.
5) She is a workaholic who frequently works 12-hour days and Saturdays to boot.
6) She manages an office building in the Philippines, dealing with tenants, overseeing maintenance and other . Every time she visits me in the US, she goes back with various hardware for her office -- faucets, wrench sets and an occasional elevator part or two.
7) She is allergic to practically everything except rice, chicken, vegetables and Kellogg's Corn Pops.
And on Mother's Day, I think I'll continue with the "7 Things" theme and list down 7 things I love about her!
For more expressions of love, click here.
|Share this :|