May 22 is quite a special day -- it's Buy-A-Musical Instrument Day, National Maritime Day, International Day for Biological Diversity. It also happens to be my birthday, and I must say it's shaping up to be a fine day:
1) The sun is shining and the temperature is almost perfect.
2) I woke up to my son snuggling in bed beside me.
3) I received three lovely birthday cards from my family.
4) The Pea saved one of her precious shark gummy candies to give to me as a present.
5) Jammy gave me a kiss and told me (unprompted) that he was going to make me a birthday card.
6) There's a mint-chocolate chip ice cream cake in the freezer, waiting to be eaten tonight.
7) I don't feel too guilty about eating it, because we went sailing on Saturday and I ran the Bay to Breakers on Sunday (and had a much better finish time than I thought!)
8) On TV tonight, we've got the Louis Vuitton Cup yacht racing,
9) the season ender of House,
10) and the finals of American idol (ok, if those are 3 of the highlights of our day, then we watch too much tv, but hey we're parents and all we want to do at night is veg out).
I could probably list, uh, 35 reasons why I'm so blessed on my birthday, but you get the picture. Can life get any sweeter?