Sibling love, past and present



Today Natalie brought home a heart-shaped drawing book filled with pictures of the things she loves. I was struck by this one; how carefully she had drawn her brothers in this picture, down to their favorite shirts and skin tones. So for Love Thursday, I decided to search around for a photo that shows a big sister's love.

It didn't take me long to find this one. She's 2 years and 9 months old (younger than the boys are now), and the boys are about a week old. I love how happy and proud she looks. Three years later, they fight a lot more than they hug, but the drawing she made today is a cute little reminder of how much she still loves them.

For more expressions of love, click here.

16 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

So cute! What a great big sister!

Anonymous said...

Hey these are really nice photos....thanks for sharing...it's wonderful to come across these wonderful things in life...well on this note i'd also like you to visit my Love Blog sometime and check out all the love it's filled up with!!!

Waspgoddess said...

Oh, that's a lovely photograph, her big grin really put a smile on my face.

Tina said...

Awwww, that is SOOOO cute!!!!

Tabitha said...

This is just lovely- lovely. Happy Love Thursday!

Kara said...

aww..just adorable! Happy Love Thursday!

Anonymous said...

This is so GORGEOUS!

PastormacsAnn said...

Very very sweet! How precious that she was so careful with her picture of them and that photo is priceless. Thanks for sharing. Happy LT.

Peppermint said...

cute!!!!

deedee said...

She looks so proud.

Crissybug said...

Ohhh..how cute. It will be so much fun when my little ones are in school and can bring home touching things like that. That is definately a keeper!

shaz said...

ohhhhhh my! this is THE cutest thing ever! awwwww

Anonymous said...

hello Bonggamom,
Thanks for visiting my site and also for the effort of leaving a short message to us.
I’ve heard so many good things about you from Peach Lopez and she’s the one who recommended your site to me and we visited it together. I feel like I know you already by just reading your blogs. It’s like reading my own life as a mom through you. Keep on blogging.

bonggamom said...

Ouch, that's heavy! Thanks for the little lesson, we'll all think more carefully about the words we use!

bonggamom said...

OOPS! Pay no attention to my last comment, I meant that to go on someone else's site!

dillyweed said...

I love LOVE love the picture of Natalie with her brothers!
ANd the picture she drew is perfect. You will HAVE to save that one for them when they are older. I bet it will mean the world to them to have that later on.