Summer Camp Anxiety

I'm starting to feel the summer camp pressure. It's that time of the year when parents start figuring out which camps they want their kids to go to. The Bay Area Kid Fun website has a great section on summer camps in the area, and I've got summer camp information from three cities as well as three other places (soccer, ballet, YMCA and our local afterschool care center) and I'm still confused as to which ones my kids should attend.

It's even more difficult this year because Philip and James are living, breathing, thinking people who might actually notice that Natalie gets to take all kinds of cool lessons while they don't. So now I'm trying to look for interesting, inexpensive camps suited to their ages that happen to be going on at the same time. Oh, and Natalie wants to go to all the camps her friends are going to, so I have to factor that in, too. The biggest stumbling block, of course, is the "inexpensive" part. All the camps look so interesting but they cost anywhere from $100 to $350 per week. We're going to have to limit their camps to one or two plus swimming lessons. But which camps? Silly, but I'm all stressed out about it.

Still haven't had enough of my ranting and raving? Read my other post about summer camps on Silicon Valley Moms Blog.

No comments: