Un-American Girl

I had a little rant about American Girl dolls over at SVMomsblog the other day. Here is an excerpt:

My daughter's birthday is coming up, and at our prompting, she has come up with a list of gift suggestions that her parents and grandparents can choose from. They range from great idea (new bike/ a day at Disneyland) to okay (Littlest Pet Shop Little Lovin Playhouse/ Polly Pocket Tropicool Pool Playset) to honey, I know it's cute but where would we put it? (Littlest Pet Shop Biggest Little Petshopt). And then there's the American Girl doll. For me, for now, that falls into the category of "Uh, sorry, that's too much money".

Don't get me wrong. I love the concept of American Girl dolls. They're wholesome, spirited, value-oriented characters, not little prostitots like the Bratz dolls. They encourage reading and imaginative play.

But why oh why do they have to be so expensive?

......... Go to the Silicon Valley Moms Blog to read the whole post! For more great SV Mom posts, click here.

No comments: