Purple is the Color of Mourning

Not that I'm mourning or anything, but when I saw this week's Photo Hunters theme I decided to dig up as many photos as I could of The Pea wearing purple. She has had tons of purple outfits over the years -- I can see them in my mind, but most of them didn't make it into our photo archive. Here's one of the earliest I found of her in a sweet, light purple onesie.


How can such an ugly monster be so cute?



The Pea still likes wearing this Mickey Mouse shirt, but it won't be long before we have to give it away.


These days, The Pea's taste runs to tank tops, not puff-sleeved blouses or patterned dresses. She looks far too grown-up in these tank tops -- they even have a little shelf bra for the rare occasion that the tween actually has something to put in them. She informed me this was a great thing so that when she started developing, I wouldn't have to spend any money to buy her bras. Sorry kid, you are most definitely wearing bras with these tank tops, and hopefully a sweater to go with it.

It all happened far too quickly!

I guess maybe I am mourning, just a little bit, after all.




This photo was inspired by the Photo Hunt theme of the week. Feel free to leave links to your own Photo Hunt entries below. And for more purple things, click here.

18 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

Looks like she's just a little behind my dd, who just turned 13 and has already been wearing bras for a couple of years not. She caught me very much by surprise.

MaR said...

She is so cute, I love her purple outfits, time surely flies by...
Have a lovely weekend.
purple!

ipanema said...

what a sweet set of photos. how she's grown. love the first photo the most.

thanks for the visit. :)

Anonymous said...

aww--she has grown up so quickly before your eyes! Beautiful.

jams o donnell said...

How fime flies! A wonderful set of photos

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Very cute!

Carver said...

She's a beautiful girl and I love how you showed the sequence with her at different ages.

My daughter loved purple so much when she was growing up she talked me into painting her bookshelf, desk chair, windows and door trim in her room PURPLE. I drew the line there as she wanted purple walls too. No way was I going to deal with that, ha.

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Andree said...

Your daughter, seen thru time, makes me thinking back over my daughters' childhoods. This is a very happy post! Great theme for you.

YTSL said...

Time flies... especially when a mother looks at how her child has grown? ;b

Jama said...

She's so adorable!

LifeRamblings said...

what a beautiful child. the first shot is so cute.

Marta said...

I love the retrospective shots over the year. Purple and lavender are definitely her colors - she is beautiful.

Gattina said...

What a difference between the first purple picture and the last, lol ! time flies by !

magiceye said...

before long kids grow and you relaise you are aging lol!

Sparkle said...

Ah, but she is a very lovely young tweener! And she looks sweet in her lavender tank.

CherryPie said...

A lovely set of photos :-)

LivingforGod said...

She looks lovely in purple.

Thanks for visiting my photo blog.