Aloha Friday - Must-See Summer Movies

About Aloha Friday: Aloha Friday is a fun, simple meme from Kailani at An Island Life. Every Friday she asks a simple question on her blog, invites participants to answer her question in the comments section, then invites participants to ask a question of their own on their own blogs. Every day feels like a summer Friday over in Hawaii, so I'm making Aloha Friday one of my summer blogging goals -- to join the meme every Friday until school starts!

Our trip to the UK is getting nearer and nearer, and I'm starting to think about loading up our new Sony PSP with movies to keep the kids occupied during the 10-hour flight. Most international flights have a decent selection of movies in the on-demand video system on the backs of people's seats, but only 1 or 2 of those are kid-friendly. So it would be nice to have a movie or two on the PSP as a backup for them to watch. And since it's an overnight flight, Alfie and I might even get a shot at the PSP once the kids fall asleep, so we ought to choose a couple of movies for ourselves as well. There are so many movies that we meant to catch at the movie theaters, but never got around to -- and by the time they got onto DVD, we had already forgotten them.


Today's Aloha Friday Question: What must-see movies have you missed on the big screen?

Here are three movies that we kept saying we'd catch on DVD or Pay-Per-View:

1) Avatar
2) Up in the Air
3) Precious

I sometimes wonder whether I ought to try watching one of the Twilight movies, but I'm not sure I want to get (pardon the pun) sucked into them. Besides, if Alfie sees Twilight or New Moon on the PSP, he might divorce me out of sheer scorn.

And for the kids:

1) Planet 51
2) Fantastic Mr. Fox
3) Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel


What do you think? Which movies should we load up onto our PSP? Any comment you leave here counts as an extra entry into my $50 PlayStation Network gift card giveaway!


Disclosure: I am participating in Sony's PSP Summer Family Fun blogger program; I received a "Summer Fun" kit which included a Sony Playstation Portable (PSP-3000) , an assortment of content (games and movies) for the PSP, as well as a journal and videocamera to capture our summer adventures. I have not been paid or required to review the product or give my opinions. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have but haven't watched yet:

Avatar
Up
Marley & Me

(the Blu Ray player broke, I'm going to pick it up today)

Rach said...

I haven't watched any of the Twilight series, I have no interest in them at the mo, but may watch them on dvd later

cpullum said...

I would be careful watching Precious with the kids. I saw it once and have no desire to see it again. Not good to see with the kids! I did see Karate Kid A+ and Prince of persia A+ Up and marley I own both DVD's kid friendly!
Carla
cpullum(at)yahoo(dot)com

Susan Cook said...

Lots I haven't seen in the movies. I still want to see The Blind Side.

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

haha itd help if I read the question got a grumpy 3 yr old...
precious, up, avatar, etc weve missed tons!

BeeCute said...

I totally love that you are able to watch movies on the psp. That is such a great idea, and its so easy to travel with!

mandmvaught@centurylink.net

Anonymous said...

I missed The Blind Side and Book of Eli on the big screen. Happy Aloha Friday and 4th of July weekend!

BeeCute said...

My son really wants to check out Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs!

mandmvaught@centurylink.net