Staying Positive

What a great way to start the day -- seeing both England and the USA make it out of their group and advance to the second round of the World Cup tournament! It was a must-win for both teams, and both games were nail-biters all the way. I'm particularly impressed with Team USA's performance -- Landon Donovan's 91st-minute goal was like a fairytale come true. From "no chance to advance" to actually coming out top in their group, they are on fiyah! They play Ghana next, and although I'm really happy an African nation made it to the second round, I'd be even happier if the USA made it to the quarterfinals -- I'm hoping the team's success will help promote The Beautiful Game in the USA (read my rant about the shameful lack of World Cup 2010 coverage in the US media, on the Silicon Valley Moms Blog), so the further they advance in the tournament, the better it will be for soccer in the US. Things are looking good!

On days like this, it's easy to stay positive, but on other days when I'm feeling depressed, I have to become my own cheerleader and do what I can to lift my spirits. Here are 3 things I like to do:

1) I run
2) I blog
3) I celebrate

You can read more about my self-motivating strategies on my latest BlogHer post. Leave a comment there and you'll be entered to win $1000!

Speaking of BlogHer and winning loads of cash, my final BlogHer Tropicana Juicy Insiders Post is up on Bonggamom Finds -- leave a comment there and you'll be entered to win $50!

Which brings me to one more thing I like to do to stay positive: enter lots of giveaways and fantasize about winning them all :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at you! You're like a blogging Santa Claus. ha ha I love this post. It's so important to have fail safe strategies for getting out of a slump. I'm gonna go over there to say as much because, hell, who couldn't use $1000? :)