Sparkle and shimmer versus glassy and bright

Bonggamom's 38th
I don't normally like sparkly chandeliers, but this one at Roux Louisiana Kitchen, a New Orleans style restaurant where Alfie and I dined on my birthday, looks gorgeous in its surroundings. What I might see as tacky in any other setting looks luxurious and decadent amidst the red walls, velvet curtains and beads draped across chairs and gilded frames. It just goes to show you two things:

1) Always keep an open mind.

2) I'm no interior decorator.


This photo was inspired by the Photo Hunt theme of the week. Feel free to leave links to your own Photo Hunt entries below. And for more sparkly things, click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm partial to sparkly chandelier, but I don't want them in my house :)

Happy weekend.

Heart of Rachel said...

A lovely chandelier adds a nice touch to a place.