So let it be written. So let it be done.

Since I've made the resolution to get regular exercise this year, I've put my planning hat on and listing down a weekly workout schedule:

Monday: rest
Tuesday: 1-hr Zumba class
Wednesday: 30 minutes strength training
Thursday: rest
Friday: 1-hr walk or 30-minute run or workout video
Saturday: 30-minute walk + 15 minutes strength training
Sunday: 30-minute run



Five days a week is a bit ambitious for me, so I'm reserving the right to blow off a maximum of one workout per week in case I'm super-busy or sick or injured. If I have a run or walk coming up, I'll increase the intensity or length of my walks or runs, but for now I want to keep the workouts low-key and flexible so I don't end up discouraged or lazy or bored.

The most important thing is to make exercise a habit once more, as much a part of my life as brushing my teeth, not something I do when I'm done blogging for the day. Only time will tell whether I can keep this up, but I'm hoping that blogging about it and posting it for the whole world to see will motivate me to Do as I Blog and keep me honest. After all, where would we be without truth in journalism? As the Blog with Integrity pledge says: I own my words. Even if occasionally I have to eat them.

1 comment:

Asianmommy said...

Good luck with your new routine!