Aloha Friday - Back to School

About Aloha Friday: Aloha Friday is a fun, simple meme from Kailani at An Island Life. Every Friday she asks a simple question on her blog, invites participants to answer her question in the comments section, then invites participants to ask a question of their own on their own blogs. Every day feels like a summer Friday over in Hawaii, so I'm making Aloha Friday one of my summer blogging goals -- to join the meme every Friday until school starts!

Wow, I can't believe I've done the Aloha Friday meme for 11 straight weeks! It's such a low-key, no-fuss meme that keeping up was no problem at all. I'll definitely be doing the meme going forward, maybe not every week but every now and then.


The kids head back to school next week, so I'm asking a school-related question today.


Today's Aloha Friday Question: Do you buy your kids a back-to-school outfit?


I went to a private school with a uniform all throughout my elementary and high school years, so I never had a back to school outfit. I've never bought a back-t0-school outfit for my kids, but The Pea asked me if we could go shopping for one this weekend. She's in 4th grade now and getting more fashion conscious, but she doesn't really need new clothes; in fact, her closet is overflowing with stuff.

Is The First Day of School such an occasion that a kid really needs a special outfit? Or am I making a big to-do out of nothing?

No comments: