The birds and the bees, the ducks and the daddies

3Po: Mama, I want a new baby in the family. Why can't we have a baby?

Me: Because I'm too old to have one.

Jammy: Really? You're too old? How old are you?

Me: Okay, I'm not too old. But Daddy is.

Jammy: But why does it matter how old Daddy is? You're the one having the baby.

3Po: Yeah, mama, Daddy doesn't lay people.

From me, dead silence and a straight face. Then,

Me: Lay? What do you mean, "lay"?

3Po: You know, like ducks lay eggs.


Where did they get the idea that I lay eggs? Whatever -- at least they don't know the other meaning of "lay". I swear, I will get to the sex education bit soon. Or some day.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too funny! Kids say the darndest things and I really think they don't have a clue about sex, even after they hear all about it in the media and such.

Elizabeth said...

Well, i really think they don't have a clue about sex, even after they hear all about it in the media and such, looking forward.