Why hello, Mickey, long time no see!

Disneyland08 286


I know it's April Fool's Day, but this is no joke: We're spending Spring Break in LA, and we'll be visiting the Disneyland Resort again! The kids are over the moon, falling all over each other to behave well and gain good behavior points they can redeem at the park. 3Po wants to beat everyone's score at the Buzz Lightyear ride, and Jammy is eager to prove to everyone he's no longer too scared to ride the Matterhorn. The Pea is dusting off her Disney autograph book so she can get updated autographs from all the Disney characters (and hoping she amasses enough pocket money to buy a souvenir from one of the shops).



As for Alfie, he's wetting his pants with excitement. Okay, that last part was false, but he's certainly not complaining; in fact, he's talking about which rides we're definitely not missing (Matterhorn, Tower of Terror, Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters) and reminding everyone we need to get to the front gates as soon as the parks open -- which for Alfie is as close to eager anticipation as he's going to get.
Small World


We're going to be driving down from the Bay Area, which is going to be an adventure in itself; the last time I drove to LA I was in my twenties and didn't care about little details like stopping to go potty and protect my kids' lives. We'll probably take Highway 101, and I'd like to stop by the town of Solvang along the way (I heard it's a really pretty town with Danish roots), but the real fun will begin once we step into the Magic Kingdom (or is it the Happiest Place on Earth? either one will do).

Unfortunately we'll just miss the start of the Disney's California Food and Wine festival , but there's so much to do and so little time to do it that we won't lack for amusement. I'm looking forward to seeing Captain EO, the Michael Jackson attraction that was recently brought back to Disneyland, and I'd want to catch the Aladdin Musical at DCA before it closes this summer -- and of course, all my old faves like It's a Small World, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (yes, I'm just a big kid at heart), the Matterhorn, the Haunted Mansion, and the Pirates of the Caribbean. I can't wait!!

Disclosure: I received four 2-day media passes to the Disneyland resort but was not obligated to write this post. I am responsible for all other travel expenses on this trip.

No comments: