I'm not the best mother in the world. If you've had a rough parenting day and need to lift your spirits, just look at the list below and take comfort in the knowledge that I screw up every day:
- I send my kids out in wrinkled clothing.
- I don't always make sure their teeth are cleaned and their hair is brushed in the morning.
- I put the TV on so that I can spend time in front of the computer.
- I sometimes find chores to do when my kids ask me to play Monopoly or Candyland with them.
- When CleanBoy comes to us in the morning and asks for breakfast because he's hungry, I tell him to wait 10 minutes. Or I ask The Pea to help him get breakfast.
- I've withheld our regulary bedtime story as punishment.
- I once put 3Po in the corner for a time-out and forgot all about him.
- I've forgotten to pick The Pea up from school.
- I've sent The Pea out on a playdate, forgetting that one of her other friends was on her way here for a playdate that I scheduled.
- I give in way too often when they hear the ice cream man coming and ask for a treat.
- I yell at them way too much.
But despite all of the awful things I've done, my kids love me anyway. So on this Mother's Day, when everyone is saying Thank You Mom, I'm also saying Thank You Kids.
|Share this :|