I get goosebumps all the time. Nights in the Bay Area are chilly all year round, and the medication I take tends to slow down my metabolism (okay, I'm also too lazy to throw on a sweater and socks). But the best (and sometimes, the worst) goosebumps are the ones that have nothing whatsoever to do with the temperature. Here are ten of my most memorable goosebump-inducing moments:
1) Receiving my first real kiss from my first boyfriend;
2) Seeing beams of light streaming through the stained glass windows into St. Peter's Cathedral in the Vatican;3) Seeing the peaks and falls from Yosemite Valley for the very first time;
4) Hearing the Flower Duet from Lakme for the very first time (I will always love my husband for playing it to me);
5) Seeing the view from my husband's (then boyfriend's) bedroom for the first time and knowing without a doubt that I wanted to wake up one day staring at that view;
6) Hearing my husband (then boyfriend) tell me he loved me for the very first time;
7) Seeing image after image of courage, sacrifice and loss during the months following the Twin Towers Collapse on 9/11;
8) Feeling my newly-born daughter being laid down on my chest;
9) Hearing a door slam, seeing my two-year-old son's finger trapped in a door, and upon extricating it, seeing his poor little pinkie squashed as FLAAAT as a pancake (it was broken, of course).
10) Hearing my son run into our bedroom at six in the morning, feeling him snuggle up to Alfie and me, and smelling his sweet baby scent as he falls asleep between us.
What gives you goosebumps? Find out what others say here.
|Share this :|