- How we taught our boys to bike without training wheels at age 3 (they do have a great sense of balance but the Kettler Balancing Bike will help any kid learn)
- Where I got those cute matching clothes for my kids (Disney store and Gymboree make great coordinated outfits for brothers and sisters)
- How I've amassed so many good toys for my kids (I buy gently used stuff from Craigslist and the local moms' club email group)
Not that I'm the perfect mom or a know-it-all. On the contrary, I still feel like a rookie at this parenting thing. In fact, I would really appreciate it if someone could let me in on some of their own parenting secrets, like:
- How you survived your labor without an epidural
- How to stop my kids from whining when I say, "No, you can't watch any more TV"
- How to iron clothes, especially puffy-sleeved dresses
- Where to find more of my daughter's favorite solid-blue, long-sleeved Lands' End dress (they only make'em in prints now)
- How to get back into the workforce after years of being a stay-at-home mom.
- How I do it (people ask me this all the time like having 3 kids makes me a multitasking expert, but heck if I know the answer)
But there are some secrets that I will never reveal. You can tickle me, you can force me to do the laundry every single day, and you can even (gulp) pull the plug on my internet connection, but you will never get me to tell you:
- Which aspects of parenting I disagree with my husband over (if any)
- Which grandparent my children like the most
- Which child is my favorite
- Where I keep the Christmas presents
- Where I keep my emergency stash of chocolate
Sorry, but some things are just for me to know! It would be a far less interesting world if we couldn't keep a secret or two :)
For more secrets, click here.