Seven Days of Dinner, Jan. 8-14

olives


Alfie and I love Indian food, but I can't say that the kids share our passion for aloo gobi, chicken vindaloo, rogan josh and other mouth-watering yummies. 3Po and Jammy do like a curry now and then, but despite numerous attemps, we've only managed limited success with The Pea. She'll eat a bit of most (mild) curries that I prepare, but without much enthusiasm.

Research shows that exposing a food to a child multiple times, even food they don’t like, may influence their willingness to try those foods later on, but The Pea has had plenty of opportunities to try Indian food, and she still doesn't like it. I guess I should just chalk it down to personal preference at this point. I just keep hoping she'll take to it like she took to falafels. For the longest time she though falafel was gross, until she tried some from a local middle eastern restaurant. She told me the falafel was sooo much better than the ones she's had at home.

Hmmm... maybe she just needs to try better Indian food to fall in love with it. And maybe I'd better cheat and buy this week's falafel instead of making it?


Here's what's on this week's menu:
* Sizzling beef with scallions and black bean sauce
* Chicken salad with grapes and walnuts
* Macaroni and cheese with cauliflower
* Pasta with sausage and peppers
* Bean-and-cheese quesadillas with tomato-mango salsa
* Falafel and couscous with olives, raisins, peppers and goat cheese
* Black bean soup

Bon appetit!

No comments: