Now That's Entertainment!

I know a lot has been said about the excess of swag at BlogHer '09. Hey, I'm as much of a swag whore as the next person, so I'm not passing judgement on bloggers who want swag, or blog for swag. Hey, it's fun! When you're a small-time blogger, it's a nice feeling when companies seek you out and ask you to review their products.

But when people start getting trampled and babies start getting elbowed and hostesses need the help of bouncers to guard swag bags, then it's time to take a step back and ask ourselves how much we really need that swag. Do I really want to pay $25 to check in that extra suitcase or $30 to ship that box if all I'm going to put in it is chips and crackers and Play-Doh cans that I can buy at your local Walgreens for less than a buck? So yes, I did come out of BlogHer with lots of swag, but it was stuff I would have bought anyway, and I didn't collect swag for the sake of it. As with everything in life, it's all about moderation. And anything in moderation is fine... even swag.



In any case, some of the best parties at BlogHer '09 were not about the swag. Take the Blogalicious Party, held at the Chicago Macy's Lush Cosmetics counter. Sure, there was swag, but it wasn't over the top, just some beauty samples. There must be something in those heavenly-smelling Lush products that relaxes people and puts them in a good mood, because people were actually chatting to each other like they were people, not just competitors for swag.



There were yummy desserts, foot massages, hand massages and facials for all to enjoy. And who can resist a party with such entertaining staff?



Hats off to the Lush staff and the lovely ladies of Blogalicious for such an entertaining party!

This was my PhotoHunters post for the weekend! For more entertainment, click here.

5 comments:

ipanema said...

what fun meeting up with other bloggers!

have a safe trip back home.

jams o donnell said...

Looks like a fun time. I like lush stuff too!

Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama said...

I loved seeing you at BlogHer and have to admit that Lush and Social Luxe Lounge were my favorite parties because of the wonderful pampering. I went home with a bounty of Lush products I purchased because I just love their stuff! Even more so now though because they helped the MamaLaw/Blogalicious ladies throw such a fab party!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

You girls look like you had a blast!

Thanks for visiting my Photo Hunters today! :D

Have a great weekend.

Mrs. Mecomber
http://newyorktraveler.net

bing said...

looks like it was more than entertainment, more than fun! lovely!