Gratitude Challenge: Day 6


Manhattan is one of my favorite cities in the entire world. I love the energy and vibrancy of the city; when I walk along Manhattan's streets, I truly feel alive. I used to travel to Manhattan fairly often on business, but I haven't been there in ten years. I miss it dearly.

Part of my Manhattan experience has always been spending time with my aunt. She's my dad's younger sister, 17 years younger than my dad, so she's more like a fun older sister than a stodgy old aunt. She lives with her husband on the upper West Side, and a visit to New York is never complete without visiting her. They always know the best places to eat, the best shows to watch, the best places to spot celebrities. My uncle and aunt are just like the rest of Manhattan, just brimming with energy. I don't get to see them much anymore, and just like Manhattan, I miss them dearly.

This October I'll be visiting Manhattan again, so yesterday I called my aunt to tell her the good news. I'm really not much of a phone person, which is why I haven't talked to her in quite a while, but this is not the kind of news that should be delivered via email. It was great to hear her voice! She immediately invited me to spend a night or two with her, so even though I haven't bought my plane tickets yet, as far as I'm concerned my plans are set. Grateful? I'm beyond grateful for the chance to see New York and my aunt again!

No comments: