Halloween Costume Watch 2014: Minnie Mouse

Minnie Mouse Halloween costume

Minnie Mouse is such an easy and fun character that I don't know why it took me so long to dress up as her for Halloween.  She was an easy choice for this year, because I already had my hands full helping 3Po and Jammy with their costumes, and I've had this costume assembled since April!  I made the skirt and collar at the Disney Social Media Moms fun run, so I was good to go.  I just swapped my running shorts for leggings, my tech tshirt for a sleeved cotton tee, and my Minnie ears cap for a Minnie ears headband. Easy peasy!



Minnie Mouse Halloween costume

How to assemble a Minnie Halloween Costume:

  • Red polka dot skirt (I sewed this for the Disney Social Media Moms fun run that I participated in this April).
  • Black shirt with a Peter Pan collar and red polka dot bow (I also sewed the collar and bow for the fun run).
  • Black leggings
  • Minnie ears
  • Yellow high tops
You can buy Minnie ears at a Disney park or Disney store for $16-$28, or you can make your own. I bought licensed Minnie ears at The Party Store for $6 for the Disney-themed photo booth at the DisneySide party I hosted in February. The bow was originally pink; I just took some of my skirt material, shaped it into a bow, and sewed it on top of the pink bow (you can still see a bit of the pink if you look carefully).
Minnie Mouse Halloween costume


Pin It

No comments: