Something new and something blue at the American Girl Store
1) First up: Samantha!! The Pea and I are just thrilled to have her back. Samantha has always been one of our favorites, and it's so nice to see her make a return to the American Doll family. Now, if only they could bring Nellie back as well.......
2) Samantha's ice cream parlor playset is adorable. It's so detailed, down to the gilt scrolling on the counters and the heavy metal cash register.
3) I'm still not sure how I feel about Samantha's new dress, but I have no doubt about my delight at Kit's redesigned dress for the reimagined BeForever historical doll collection . It's so colorful and cheerful! I also love Josefina's and Addy's new dresses, as well as their girl-sized counterpart dresses, which are inspired by the doll dresses, but not exact replicas.
4) Okay, nothing in this photo is new, but I wanted to feature it anyway, because I just love how Kit looks here! Kit's dog, Grace, is at the foot of her bed, but there are many other cute new pets for Kit and other dolls to love.
5) The holiday dress for the My American Girl line is so pretty. I really like the deep blue, which goes so well with Hanukkah colors.
6) You can never have too many holiday dresses! The new silver shimmer dress is less formal than the blue one, so dolls can wear it to afternoon teas or holiday piano recitals.
8) The Bitty Twins have a new Nutcracker outfit! The girl Bitty Twin has a ballerina nightgown, just like Clara, and the boy Bitty Twin has a toy soldier pajama outfit, just like the Nutcracker Prince.
9) Caroline has a new party gown! It's light blue and it comes with white gloves and a flower headband and I like it way better than her old party gown.
10) Caroline's new party table and treats works just as well in a 2014 setting as it did in 1812.
What are your new American Girl favorites?