This year I've been looking for creative ways to display the holiday cards that we receive every year. We usually string them over our doorways and windows, but I'm ready for a change. Last week I wrote a post about how to make a holiday card holder to hang on your wall for the holidays. Here's an alternative way to display your cards: a card wreath. It displays only 8 cards, so it's a great way to showcase your prettiest cards, or the cards that mean the most to you. Here's how to make one:
You will need:
* 12-in. floral and craft ring
* 9 mini wooden clothespins
* 1 sheet of green felt
* green craft paint
* red craft paint
* craft glue
* hanging ribbon
1) Paint the craft ring green. Let dry.
2) Paint the wooden clothespins red. Let dry.
3) Cut the green felt into leaf shapes.
4) Glue the mini clothespins onto the craft ring, spaced evenly apart. (I glued 2 clothespins at the very top so I could put a hanging ribbon in the very center and still keep the symmetry). Make sure the clothespin(s) at the very top are facing downwards so the top card hangs in the center of the wreath.
5) Glue a pair of leaves between the clothespins.
You're done! The photo above shows what the finished wreath looks like, and the photo below shows the wreath with cards clipped to it. I clipped a fabric poinsettia onto the hanging ribbon to hide the hanging nail, but you can hide it with a larger ribbon or sprig of holly.
Enjoy your beautiful holiday cards!
|Share this :|