No one knows mothers like their children, and no one can articulate just what makes moms great, quite like an eight year-old can. For Mother's Day, Jammy's teacher asked everyone in class a set of questions about their moms, and compiled the best answers. Their responses are some of the most candid, witty and touching I've ever had the privilege of reading, and I had to share them with everyone. Don't be surprised if you see yourself in their answers below -- yes, you are allowed to smile!
What ingredients are mothers made of?
- Clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and a dab of mean
- They had to get their start from big people bones
- Then they mostly use string, I think.
- Love and sweetness
- Teeth, my mom smiles a lot.
What kind of little girl was your mom?
- My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff
- I don't know because I wasn't there, but I guess she would be pretty bossy
- My auntie says she used to be nice
- I think she recycled a lot
- Unselfish and creative
- My mom was mischievous
- She was into sports and stuff
Who's the boss at your house?
- Mom doesn't want to be boss, but has to because dad's such a goof ball
- My mom... you can tell by room inspection. She sees stuff under the bed.
- I guess mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
- Half and half because my dad has to ask her everything.
- Both -- when I ask my dad something, he always says to "go ask mom".
What's the difference between Moms and Dads?
- Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.
- Dads are taller and stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
- Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.
- My mom is much nicer when I get in trouble.
- They don't really look that much alike.
What does your Mom do in her spare time?
- Mothers don't have spare time.
- According to my mom, she pays bills all day long.
- She does a lot of yoga
- She talks on the phone ALL day.
- She goes shopping.
- Work, work, work.
What would it take to make your Mom perfect?
- She is already perfect.
- Nothing... she already is.
- She should play more video games.
- She says she could use a vacation.
If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be?
- She should rest more.
- She could make me waffles in the morning.
- Definitely nothing... she's awesome.
- She has this thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
- I'd make her smarter. Then she'd know it was my sister who did it and not me.
- I'd like for her to get rid of the eyes on the back of her head.
- She could let me be the boss.
What does your mom do best?
- Loves me all the time... no matter what.
- Plays with me.
- She loves me... duh!
- She cooks really good stuff.
- She reads to me a lot.
- She takes care of me.
- She loves me... that is what she does best.
- She is really good on the computer.
- She takes care of everybody.
- She loves me and my dad.
- Talking... definitely talking.
- Just being my mommy.
- She knows how to make people fell happy.
- She knows how to have fun birthday parties.
- She is silly and makes me giggle.
- She always listens when I have a problem.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
|Share this :|