Photo Hunt: Closed


It has been 2 weeks since we drove to Lake Tahoe and back in a snowstorm, and already it seems like a long time ago. We've had a whole week of temperatures in the 70's and 80's and it seems impossible to think that so much snow could fall from the heavens. But I only have to look at this photo to remember the treacherous conditions that closed so many roads and highways, and caused so much trouble.

This post and photos were inspired by the Photo Hunt theme of the week: Closed. Feel free to leave links to your own Photo Hunt entries below.

10 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

An incredible blanket of snow! No wonder roads were closed and not a sign of life!

Marites said...

the photo looks beautiful and at the same time, scary. it looks so deserted too. glad you made it safe. happy weekend!

Susan Demeter said...

Definitely beautiful, but barren, and I agree kinda scary too.

YTSL said...

Wow, the kind of wintry scene one doesn't tend to associate with California or Nevada! It brings back memories of a winter hike I went on with friends one Christmas in California some years ago -- which ended up in snowy country! :)

Carver said...

Great shot of the storm. Winter can be so beautiful and dangerous at the same time.

stan said...

I like the quiet and whiteness of it all. :)

Liz said...

Great capture.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Closed

Gattina said...

I am freezing when I see this picture ! I am so happy that the winter is gone !

MaR said...

I am still looking forward to some snow over Easter, that's the skier in me!

Happy weekend! closed

annie said...

Wow, that's some serious snow!

Thanks for visiting mine. Have a great week!