Good, better, best

Here is a photo of our neighbor's cherry tree, taken with our old Canon PowerShot A510 in full automatic setting. The tree is about 40-50 feet away from me (I'm sitting upstairs and taking the photo from our little office). Pretty, but a bit overexposed.


Here is the same subject, taken with our new Canon Digital Rebel XTi. It's also on full automatic setting, yet the focus and exposure are already better.


And this is how close I can get with our 300mm lens. I used the macro setting so the blossoms really seem to pop out of the background.

I'm looking forward to playing with our new camera and learning to take some awesome pictures!

2 comments:

Jen Fos - Top Banana said...

Hi BonggaMom - Now that we have moved away, I miss the cherry blossoms. California never felt like "real" winter, but it was always so beautiful to see the blooms come out. Can't say that I have been missing the little spiky balls from that other tree though. I love your blog and have been lurking for some time. Thanks for the image and enjoy your new camera.
jen

Jody said...

Great shots. Those blossoms are so beautiful.

I am loving my 300mm as well. So fun to be able to get nice, clean distance shots.