First Day of School, and the Beginning of the End


Today is the first day of the schoolyear, and I'm feeling all nostalgic.  See, it's 3Po's and Jammy's first day of 5th grade, and The Pea's first day of 8th grade.  Next year they'll be moving on to middle school and high school.  That means it's our last year at the elementary school that we've been going to since 2006, when The Pea first entered kindergarten.

For the past eight years, I've walked the four blocks to school every school day, rain or shine. When the boys enter middle school next year, they'll bike on their own, just like The Pea does now, and just like she'll bike to her new high school.  It's going to be a huge change.  To keep myself from freaking out, I dug up some photos of the kids when they entered kindergarten, to remind myself how much change has happened already.


Deep breath... change is normal. Change is good.  Right now it feels like they're rolling away from me, but I know it's nothing compared to what's going to happen five, six, seven years from now, so I'm going to enjoy these Happy Golden Years as much as I can.

Hope everyone has a great Back to School Day, whenever it happens!

Pin It

No comments: