Pupusas with lettuce and beef (aka Pupusalad)


I very rarely buy frozen foods, and when I do, it's usually only one of five dishes: quiche, chicken curry, teriyaki meatballs, Filipino lumpia, or chicken tamales. All but the lumpia come from Costco (the lumpia comes Goldilocks!). The chicken tamales were the result of a blogger partnership with Del Real Foods; they sent us some of their prepared Mexican dishes, and we've loved them ever since. Whenever I see Del Real's chicken tamales at Costco, I can't help stocking up on a pack or two to stash in the freezer!


A few months ago Del Real contacted me again, and to my surprise and delight, they invited me to create a recipe for their Blogger Recipe Challenge! I'm no gourmet chef, but I guess they wanted home cooks to take a shot at it because home cooks are more likely to create easy, quick recipes. The recipe I created is definitely easy and quick, and it's fight-for-the-leftovers delicious. I called the dish Pupusalad Bites; they're basically a shredded beef taco salad, served on a cheese pupusa (because everything tastes better with bread and cheese!). Here's my recipe for Pupusalad Bites; you can also view it on the  Del Real Blogger Recipe page!

Pupusalad Bites

4 Del Real Cheese Pupusas or 4 Del Real Cheese & Bell Pepper Pupusas
1/2 cup Del Real Seasoned Shredded Beef
1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce or American salad mix
2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons ranch dressing
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
1/2 cup tortilla strips
1 avocado
cilantro for garnish

Heat Cheese Pupusas and Seasoned Shredded Beef according to directions.  Toss ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, and lettuce in a bowl. Slice avocado into thin strips.

Top each pupusa with:
2 tablespoons Seasoned Shredded Beef
1/4 cup lettuce
2 tablespoons tortilla strips
2 tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese

If desired, top each pupusa with sliced avocadoes and cilantro. Serve immediately

Disclosure: I received free product from Del Real Foods to help me create this recipe



Pin It

No comments: