Pah! Who needs an Oscar when you've got this?

It has been a while since I've been picked to join a blog meme, so I was surprised and delighted to find that blogger Biz e-Mom nominated me for a Stylish Blogger Award. I have to admit, I'm not the first person in the world one would associate with the word "Stylish". Here are seven reasons why:

1) I have humongous feet, which makes it almost impossible to wear stylish shoes without looking like a drag queen.

2) Besides, I'm kind of addicted to comfy shoes, which means I do not own a single pair of stilettoes.

3) I only wear make up on special occasions; my husband and kids put on lip gloss more often than I do.

4) The last time I entered a salon was over 2 years ago.

5) My husband buys all my underwear because he got tired of seeing my granny-style underpants (I have to admit, the man has good taste; he says it's because he has been studying the subject all his life).

6) I'm only just warming up to the maxi dress trend.

7) I have not worn bangs since I was 9, and I will never wear bangs ever again.



I could make a longer list, but it just gets more embarrassing (or depressing), so I'll stop at seven. Instead, I'll look on the bright side and list seven reasons why there just might be hope for me yet:

1) I do not own a pair of Uggs, and I have stopped wearing Crocs. At least the hideous ones (hey, they do make cute Crocs now!)

2) Despite my advanced age, I don't have any wrinkles. Pimples, yes, but no wrinkles.

3) I own the most awesome pair of sexy-librarian tortoise shell glasses ever.

4) Who needs bangs when you've got long, thick hair?

5) It's all in the accessories, baby, and thanks to the abundance of inexpensive jewelry from the Philippines and a few lucky blogging opportunities I've got quite a few cool ones.

6) The best accessory in the world? A nice smile and a confident attitude. I like to think I've got that, too.

7) I have the best stylist in the world -- my husband.



I think I need to pass this award on to someone more deserving than I. That way, it won't sit on my shelf, just gathering dust. I'd rather pay it forward and nominate other bloggers who I think deserve some mad props. Like any award winner, I want to take this opportunity to thank some of the amazing bloggers who have supported me throughout the years and taken time out of their busy schedules to stop by, comment on my posts, share their thoughts and brighten my day:


Elizabeth from My Life, Such as It Is
Terra from Heck of a Bunch
Marci from Happy Surprizes


You ladies are awesome, and I can't think of anyone more deserving of an award than you!!

4 comments:

how to get rid of acne scars said...

You deserve those awards. Being conscious on physical appearance nominates you to bag those awards. You serve as good model for youth on proper caring on personal hygiene. Just continue to post useful article on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Totally well-deserved! You've got style.

how to get rid of cold sores fast said...

I salute you, for a job well done. I think you are really worth for those awards. Congratulations, and hopefully you will make again soon.

wholesale Wireless Accessories said...

That award is really meant for you. You deserve it than any other candidates, though you were all deserving. Hopefully you will make it soon.