This is actually Friday's entry; I'm belatedly posting it today, Monday, because I spent the weekend camping with my family, and laptops were not invited. Fortunately, one does not need a power outlet to write in a journal, and today's challenge involved writing a five-minute entry in our journal about all the wonderful things I already have in my life, as opposed to what I don't possess.
Here's what I wrote in my journal on Friday evening:
WHAT I DO NOT POSSESS:
1) The connection from our camping stove to the tank of stove fuel.
2) A cooler for the salami that needs to be refrigerated after it's opened.
3) Bug spray that doesn't make my daughter break out in hives.
4) A hat for Alfie to wear in our badly-insulated tent to keep his hair-challenged head from freezing at night.
WHAT I DO POSSESS:
5) Chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers for s'mores, even though we don't have the fuel to roast the marshmallows with.
Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.--Oprah Winfrey