Lunches and laugh lines

When I heard that Cubes and Crayons and Skin Spirit were sponsoring an anti-aging lunch and presentation, how could I not sign up? Alfie has already been pointing out some stubborn lines on my neck that won't go away, so I've gotta be prepared. I also wanted to ask whether laser treatments could help tone down the scars that keratosis pilaris has left on my upper arms. Turns out that laser treatments might actually make things worse (retin-A would be a better choice), but never mind, at least I got the lowdown on all the latest and greatest anti-aging treatments like Botox, Restylane, Thermage, laser technology and my favorite, Latisse (can you imagine, longer thicker eyelashes just from applying some cream? How come they can't figure out something like that for bald guys? Unfortunately the effects last only as long as you continue applying the cream.....)

As for me, I don't think I'll be signing in for anti-aging procedures any time soon. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against cosmetic surgery in any way -- as long as it's done in a subtle, age-consistent manner. It's ridiculous to attempt to achieve the taut skin of a 20-year old when you're 50. I would much rather have the wrinkles and jowls before I let myself look like Sylvester Stallone or Billy Crystal or Joan Rivers. I say get rid of the worst sags and crags, but don't end up with skin pulled so tight you can barely open your eyes.

I'm fine with plastic surgery and anti-aging treatments. I'm just going to save up for the day I really need it. For now, at least, the only Botox I'll be taking in is the sweet, dark confectionery (and wickedly clever) "BoChox" version that I found in their goody bags.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your face looks fine and still young.

How u use botox?by putting needle onto your face or what?

Anonymous said...

I heard and have seen several people use botox ,their face look scary...