The Most Disgustingly Delicious Sandwich Ever


Last Friday was the kids' first day of summer vacation, so I was pretty lax about what I gave the kids for lunch. I just put out a bunch of stuff and told them to get creative. 3Po and Jammy really took my instructions to heart, because they came up with The Most Disgustingly Delicious Sandwich Ever. Here's how to prepare it:

Take a mini baguette and slice in half. Spread with the following:

* Butter
* Grape Jelly
* Hummus

Fill with the following:

* thinly sliced genoa salami
* thinly sliced cheese
* thinly sliced red pepper

Enjoy.


The funny thing is, it doesn't taste half bad. In fact, substitute the grape jelly with red pepper jelly and you've got yourself a pretty decent sandwich!

3 comments:

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Wow, this totally reminds me of something my boys would come up with! They would ask for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and ask me to put butter on it and place it on the george forman gril...Seriously?!

It's such a treat to meet you and now find and follow your blog! See you tomorrow!

bonggamom said...

Lakeitha, your boys are geniuses! Grilled pbj sandwiches sound so yummy, something that Rachel Ray or some other Food Network chef might have invented :)

Erin @ Small Types said...

That's funny! My son has been into making his own sandwiches lately as well. He likes peanut butter, ketchup, and Cheerios on his. Just found you via The Savvy Source. Great blog!