Sunday Scribblings: Anticipation

anticipation. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1). Retrieved December 16, 2006, from Dictionary.com website:
an-tic-i-pa-tion [an-tis-uh-pey-shuh n]
-noun

1. the act of anticipating or the state of being anticipated.
2. realization in advance; foretaste.
3. expectation or hope.
4. previous notion; slight previous impression.
5. intuition, foreknowledge, or prescience.
6. Law. a premature withdrawal or assignment of money from a trust estate.
7. Music. a tone introduced in advance of its harmony so that it sounds against the preceding chord.

I can't say much about definitions #6 and #7, but my family is living #'s 1 thru 6 big-time this holiday season. Here are some of the things we are anticipating:

1) I'm anticipating being able to dress up in beautiful holiday clothes, put on some makeup on my face and sparkly clips in my hair, and go dancing at some holiday parties. It's Bongga Mom season, baby, and I intend to make the most of it!

2) Graham is anticipating being able to take a couple of days off work, kick up his feet, and watch English Premier League football all day on December 26, Boxing Day, notably Chelsea vs. Reading, Everton vs. Middlesbrough, Man. United vs. Wigan, and West Ham vs. Portsmouth. Please, please, please Dish Network, please show these matches on the 26th, otherwise his life will not be worth living

3) We're anticipating the safe arrival of my sister and her family for the holidays. They are driving down from Boise, ID -- that's over 650 miles and at least 11.5 hrs of driving time. That's four adults (including the grandparents) and three children in a seven-seater van with a week's worth of luggage -- I hope they make it! And I don't just mean I hope they make it without losing their tempers or minds. I mean, the most direct route passes through Oregon, and I cannot help thinking of James Kim and his family. I hope nothing goes wrong -- no snowstorms, accidents or anything.

4) My daughter doesn't know any of the above, of course. She is just anticipating the arrival of her cousins Nico and Katya and Isabel. Every day when the twins nap, she busies herself with some craft for them -- a card, bracelet, ornament, etc... When they get here, they are going to be inundated with little handmade presents.

5) We're anticipating a full house for Christmas Day -- our family (5), Tin's family (5), Tanya's family (4), my parents (2) and Risa (1) -- a total of seventeen people! Our house is 1700 square feet; the living/dining room and kitchen combined is about 650 square feet, so we're going to be feeling the luuuuuv. It's going to be tight, noisy, hot, and fun (oh dear, that makes it sound like a good shag!).

By the way, this is my first Sunday Scribblings post, so I am anticipating the pleasure of participating in many more!

3 comments:

Inconsequential said...

welcome to SS then :)

Sounds like a full xmas ahead of you, hope it all goes well.

Hope to read more of you stuff in the future, in fact, i'm anticipating next week already :)

Regina said...

What an exciting time it will be for you and your family! I am sure everyone will be safe and sound and the love you all have for each other will make it the best holiday ever!
Welcome to SS!

twilightspider said...

Welcome to SS!

It sounds like your holiday is going to be a fabulous one - all the things that the holidays should be. Have a GREAT time.