Now that my parents have left, I'm back in the kitchen and back to planning our weekly dinner menus. It has been a delicious two weeks, but I must admit, it will be nice to lay off the meat for a bit! Of course, that's a funny thing to say given that this is Thanksgiving week. No way I'm substituting veggie turkey slices for the real thing.
Since this is Thanksgiving week, I've deliberately left a space on this week's meal plan for a turkey dinner with all the trimmings as well as another space for turkey leftovers. Note how the rest of the meals are on the lighter side, with lots of veggies and no meat, so we can tuck into that turkey and stuffing and gravy without any qualms!
This week's menu:
* Cauliflower and white bean stew
* Garlic lovers' veggie stir fry and rice
* Better-for-you egg salad on lettuce leaves with pita bread
* Thanksgiving turkey dinner
* Thanksgiving turkey dinner leftovers
* Chicken cabbage soup
* Chef's salad
Bon appetit, and Happy Thanksgiving!
|Share this :|